Ages 5 to 9 years
Fictionary Dictionary uses children’s imagination and love for storytelling to help them master 300 commonly used words, including Sight Words (pssst…these words make up over 85% of all written material in English)! Using 300 words and 300 pictures, this game helps kids instantly spot and understand the words, which goes a long way in boosting their reading skills. Plus, telling stories helps them form perfect sentences and become more creative.
- In order to start reading fluently, a child must be able to recognize words instantly on seeing the word, instead of reading words letter by letter or syllable by syllable.
- Fictionary Dictionary is an educational game that will help a child master this skill for 300 most common English words.
- These words constitute over 85% of all English material that your child will be reading and it includes all the recommended sight words
- Thus mastering ?sight recognition? of these 300 words will help a child read much more fluently and confidently.
- Academic Benefit: Helps boost reading skills and creativity
- How to play: Its very simple. A player picks out a one-word card and one picture card and starts a story using both word and picture. Then the next player also picks up a picture card and word card and similarly continues the story. The game can end whenever the players want to end it