- Bi-lateral development of the brain: Origami helps stimulate both the left and the right hemispheres of a child. As both the hands are required to work in a symmetrical pattern to achieve intended results. The left hemisphere is responsible for right-hand control, analytical and sequential thinking. The right hemisphere is responsible for left-hand control, holistic and creative thinking.
- A Link to Math: Transforming a flat piece of paper into a three-dimensional bunny (or other origami figures) is a unique exercise in spatial reasoning. Origami is also important in teaching symmetry; for many of the folds, whatever is done to one side is done to the other. Besides, paper-folding allows students to create and manipulate basic geometric shapes such as squares, rectangles, and triangles.
- Brain Booster: The ability to skilfully move one’s fingers to create detailed objects is important for a child’s development. Since our peripheral nerves are centered in our fingertips, they are often called our “second brain”. Using fingertips to make detailed origami sends signals to the brain making the activity a great form of training for the brain.
- Improves Imagination: Making an animal out of a flat sheet of paper and watching it come alive improves imagination. It also helps kids build stories around those animals and be little storytellers.
- Advanced Learning: Kids can make each animal 4 times using the 2 printed sheets, and then can advance to creating them on the 2 semi-printed sheets and master the art. Furthermore, kids have the option to decorate their own animals using the stickers provided with the kit.
- Safe & Sustainable: Ethically made with eco-friendly FSC certified paper board printed with nontoxic ink. Designed with high-quality materials and made to last.
- Ideal for birthday and return gifts: Makes a perfect gift for kids and grown ups for a hands-on, creative play experience and provide for the most fun and engaging screen-free option!
Size: 20 cm x 20 cm
How To Play
- Origami Art – Animal Kingdom is the set of 24 beautifully coloured Origami paper printed on both sides, 4 sticker sheets, an origami board and a step by step instruction book.
- Origami is a great pastime and helps children learn to follow step-by-step instructions and visualize a 3d object as they work from a flat piece of paper to the finished object.